Monday, August 21, 2006

Quick Trip to Bend with the gals!

Just returned home from a quick trip to Bend where Alexis Achten of Jasmine Photography (www.jasminephotography.com) and I had the pleasure of photographing a wedding with our good friend Nicole Wickens (www.nicolewickens.com) yesterday (Sunday). It was Nicole’s wedding – Alexis and I were her second shooters. The three of us had an absolute BLAST capturing Lisa and Rich’s STUNNING wedding at Sun River Resort. The bride was a breathtakingly lovely Reese Witherspoon look-alike who is an amazing graphic artist. You wouldn’t BELIEVE the gorgeous details (detail images captured heavily by Alexis. I was charged with nailing close up shots using my favorite long lens). Lisa designed the letterpress programs and invitation, hand made the beautiful table favors, and planned out all of the intricate details. Lisa’s mom is a jewelry designer and I just loved the vintage inspired necklace she made for Lisa. It was such a hoot shooting with these two amazing photographers and I can’t WAIT to see how our three photographic styles blend together. I don’t think it’s right to have this much fun shooting a wedding – as I often indicate, I feel SO LUCKY to have a job I love so much.

Nicole, Alexis and I all shot weddings Saturday (I assisted my good friend Laura of New Moon Events –
www.newmoonevents.com) and got up super early Sunday for our Bend road trip, stopping for coffee along the way OF COURSE. We were so happy to check into our awesome room at the downtown Bend McMennamins! We grabbed a quick lunch to fuel up for our long afternoon/evening and headed over to the resort for the wedding. We photographed for nearly eight hours – was so much fun but we were all super tired after two marathon photography days and a road trip… so we said goodbye to the happy newlyweds, packed up our many, many gear bags and hit the Turkish soaking tub back at McMennamins around 11pm. Ahhhhhhh, so therapeutic, relaxing and FUN. Can’t wait to go back! And I’m totally looking forward to seeing Alexis and Nicole’s stunning images. Thanks Nicole for spoiling/papering us and giving us the opportunity to shoot with you this weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger nicole wickens-smith said...

Thank YOU Katie, I was honored to have such talented ladies along for the ride. You're the best!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Jasmine Photography said...

You rock Katie! Can't believe how fast you got these images up...they are great. So much fun working with all of you. Must do it again soon.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home