Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Fun Continues

So I'm back from Vegas and it was AWESOME. Met some GREAT people, listened to awe-inspiring photographers and learned SO MUCH. I haven't yet processed the vast majority of it - Matt and I are planning very last-minute trip to the coast this weekend for some R&R. I'll go through and type up my stacks of notes. Trust me, I'll come back to Pdx Monday evening VERY inspired and ready to roll with some fun new ideas and products! Speaking of Monday evening, my beloved sister flies in from Modesto, CA to visit and I can't wait. She's one of my best friends and the sweetest, kindest, cutest person ever!

Tonight I'm finishing up the editing of Tim and Wendy's photos... they are so excited to see them and I'm so excited to show them! Check out a few of my faves!

On another note, this evening my friend Rich came over... I took funny passport-regulation photos for him. He's such a great guy - we've worked together TWICE (GST Telecom and FCI)! You should have seen us putting up my silly backdrops in random locations around my home in order to utilize natural light for the "shoot" - anything to avoid having to break out the beast (my light kit!) on a Friday afternoon! Then he stayed and reconfigured some computer stuff for me - very awesome! Thanks, Rich.. as always, you rock! Oh and why don't you break the mold and post a COMMENT one of these days! ;-)

So here's my HUGE news: I finally bought my dream camera = the Canon 5D. It's INCREDIBLE! I've been renting it for the past several months and LOVE it's features. Luckily Canon is running a $300 rebate AND Pro Photo Supply (my local lab and anything-you-can-ask-for-camera-wise-place) is having a special this month - I couldn't put it off any longer. I ALMOST bought it in Vegas at the trade show but I'd rather make this rather large investment via a local small(ish) business. Anyway, I'm completely stoked, it's a very high quality, full-frame, 12.8 megapixel digital SLR (these specs are for the geeks out there!) which will deliver highest-calibur images. So exciting for me!!!!!!!

Tomorrow I'm shooting wedding portraits (1.5-2 hours of coverage) for Amber and Peter - should be much fun!

Enjoy this Easter weekend!

Cheers,
Katie

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Mc said...

Hi Katie, nice photos! I'm in the same space with the 5D only a few more days to go till the rebate's over!
-Brian Mc

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home